Tarpon Energy Services
Calgary, Alberta, CA
|Date Posted||Oct 22, 2013|
|Profession||Engineering & Drafting|
|Job Type(s)||Permanent, Full Time|
|Education Level(s)||College - Technical Certificate, College - Diploma|
Tarpon is searching for an Electrical Designer to join our Engineering & Design team in Calgary, Alberta. The Electrical Designer works with the Engineering group to design and develop electrical systems and/or components for Tarpon’s oil & gas, mining and modular clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides electrical design services to meet customer specifications, drawings, and power system requirements.
- Assembles documentation packages and provides design specifications for Oil & Gas facilities which are reviewed by an Electrical Engineer.
- Works from instructions, drawings, proposals, specifications and other information provided by Engineers and/or Tarpon’s clients to design electrical layouts, drawings and wiring diagrams.
- Prepares plot plans, cable routing, grounding, lighting plans, site electrical plans, single line diagrams, load calculations, panel layouts, wiring diagrams, cable and conduit schedules and other electrical plans, details, sizing and layout.
- Collaborates with engineering staff and other personnel to resolve problems.
- Use computer aided design equipment and/or conventional design stations, technical handbooks, calculators etc.
- Performs lighting calculations and fugitive emission studies.
- Prepares specifications and documents in accordance with client’s and/or project requirements.
- Ensures compliance with applicable federal, provincial and local regulations and standards.
- Keeps informed on new related technologies and methods.
- Complies with standards and procedures of the Tarpon Health & Safety Manual and Occupational Health & Safety Regulations.
Skills, Abilities and Educational Background
- Completion of Electrical Engineering Technologist program (CET), or equivalent.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools and principles involved in production of technical plans, blueprints, drawings and models.
- Knowledge of electrical design systems.
- Ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions with respect to allocated budget.
- Experience working in the organization with the multidiscipline projects is an asset.
- Strong communication skills; both verbal and written.
- Exceptional time-management skills; ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks.
- Ability to work effectively in highly collaborative teams.
- Competent skills in MS Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Familiarity with AutoCAD.
Must have own vehicle as location is not accessible with public transportation.
Tarpon offers a very attractive compensation package that includes a competitive salary, a full benefits plan that is effective on the first day of employment and a matching RRSP program. Tarpon has an open and team-oriented culture that focuses on communication, integrity, innovation and respect. Employees take pride in their work and are the single most important reason why Tarpon offers superior customer service.
|Applications are being accepted until December 12, 2013
< < Back